Sometimes you have to whine and complain. Sometimes you have to make a difficult decision to change your life for the best. Your sanity may even be on the line. So I honestly am going to do a little bit of all of it. Because to be honest I feel as if I was used and taken advantage of. And even if it is immature, wacky, and makes me an asshole I am going to post my reasons.
- I’ve always been flexible with my time, but it was never appreciated. (See #2.)
- The time I was switched to close while the “sick” manager was out partying. It was it what it looked. My kids didn’t need me. Promise.
- October – December I had one weekend off. Other managers/key holders had several.
- I close more than my equal counterpart. Me=3 Her=0 (Not her fault, though I should point out.)
- The time I was told that one key holder couldn’t close because she was a single mom. Seriously? Wtf am I? And yes this was said to my face.
- I have four semesters left to obtain my degree. That’s worth more to me, sorry.
- I am a single mom, the place just isn’t single mom friendly. Sorry my kids need me more.
- It gets old watching the same people get away with the same stuff over and over again. How many times can someone be late in a year? Or slack off so that other people have to take up the slack?
- I have goals and dreams, none of which involve retail or losing my sanity.
- That one time I pleaded for tax free weekend off, and was told no. But two other key holders must have needed it more. (You know since they didn’t ask, and I mentioned an amazing opportunity that I had the chance to take advantage of.)
So if anyone needs me, I will be going back to college and writing.