When the kids are home we have to sometimes edit ourselves, like what we watch on TV and being extra wild like walk around the house sans clothes. So I thought I would make a list of things I am free to do when the kids are not home. Oddly enough I thought of this while I was in the shower, getting fresh and clean and all that good stuff.
- Drink that booze we have been thinking about all week. Because if you are like me you don’t drink that often around the kids and it is normally just one, socially, or when the kids drive you to drinking.
- Take a shower with the door open. Don’t tell anyone but seriously I just did this. And for once the only thing that creeped me out was the kitten that stood at the door staring.
- Use the restroom without having to lock the door! This one is super important because as a mom how often do you usually get to use the restroom without being interrupted? Never!
- Watch the good stuff on TV! Instead of having to wait to watch the latest episode of True Blood or your favorite un-kid friendly movie at an ungodly hour, watch it when you want to.
- Eat all the junk food you want without having to share!
- Drink that booze, oh wait I already said that.
- Sleep in without the worry of your house getting tore apart. You can do it when the kids are there but you run the risk of having a huge mess to deal with when they get home. When my kids were 2 and 3 this happened and they dumped out everything out of the fridge. Seriously sucked. I didn’t even intend on sleeping either.
- No messes to clean up other than your own. That kinda goes with 7 too.
- Play Rock Band and sing really loud after bedtime and have Just Dance parties.
- Oh yeah, did I mention drinking?
Hopefully this list is good for you and gives you ideas on things to do when the kids aren’t home. All I know is I am home alone tonight and it sure is peaceful.
Bye Bye kids!