Since I have mentioned before we have been eating more healthy and trying different things with our meals. Well one of our favorite family meals to make is meatloaf but I needed to make a more healthy alternative for us to eat.
Some of the things that makes this recipe more lean is that I used ground turkey instead of ground beef and whole wheat bread instead of saltine crackers and white bread like I would usually use. These changes to a family favorite went over well and worked for our family.
- 3 slices of whole wheat bread, crust removed cut into pieces
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ¼ cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread into bowl and soak with the milk and soy sauce.
- Break up the bread with fingers and press it until the mixture is smooth. Add the ground turkey, egg, garlic and parsley. Mix until everything is well mixed.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and smooth mixture into pan. Top with ketchup and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until it is cooked thoroughly let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.