Usually I am not much of a healthy eater but recently we have had to make some changes so as a family we are going all out and trying to eat more healthy. All of us! So far it has been a crazy task to get tastes changed and not to want cupcakes and pizza. Well I have attempted my first healthy snack and made Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies. And instead of sugar to give them flavor they had bananas which the kids and their dad loved.
This recipe is super easy and is great for those with diabetes as well. And while I am getting used to eating more healthy I thought the recipe was kind of plain however the kids and the one that they were for loved them. And I do think that the bananas and vanilla in them added a great taste.
- 3 large bananas , mashed
- 2 cups whole grain quick cooking oatmeal
- ⅓ cup light butter
- ¼ cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins (these sound good but I did not use them because the person I made the cookies for does not prefer them)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and let stand for 5-10 minutes so that the oatmeal will absorb excess moisture.
- Drop dough by teaspoons fulls onto ungreased cookie sheets. (flatten the dough because if that is not done the dough will bake into balls) Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 1 minute on baking sheets before removing