I love bacon and I love cheese so I just had to a bacon and cheese recipe this week.Which I have to just get to the point and say that the family LOVED it. I am talking the kids thought it was awesome and couldn’t eat enough of the Bacon and Cheese Pull-Aparts that I made.
And truthfully I know most of could start out a plate of bacon and cheese and dream all day of the yum factor that they both are but alas I will show off the actual dish that I cooked and give you the recipe so that you can make it for yourself.
Looks good, right? Well here is the recipe for you to make for your family.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can large flaky layers biscuit
- 1 (2.5-oz.) pkg. precooked bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 11x7(2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and milk with wire whisk until smooth.
- Separate the biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Stir biscuits into egg mixture gently.
- Fold in bacon, cheese and onion powder.
- Spoon into baking dish and arrange biscuits so that they are in a single layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until they are golden brown.
This a great recipe that is easy and the kids loved and I am not kidding when I say that there were no left overs. I served it with green beans and broccoli on the side and they went well together. Be sure to like Not Your Mom Blog on Facebook for more posts!