I love recipes that mix things that usually don’t go together. Or at least not in the same dish. Maybe the same table. For example I mix things like sausage with mac n cheese. That is a fun easy favorite of my kids. So why not, chicken too? And to go a step further BBQ sauce. I found this recipe originally KRAFT HOMESTYLE BBQ Chicken Mac, but made some changes to make it my own. For example I used grilled chicken instead of rotisserie and I’m not a fan of onions so I didn’t use those at all.
Here is my version of BBQ Chicken Mac:
- 1 pkg. Homestyle Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Hearty Four Cheese Sauce
- 12 oz package Grilled Chicken Strips
- 2 Tbsp. BBQ (use your favorite kind)
- Prepare macaroni and cheese in a large saucepan as directed on package except do not top with Bread Crumb Topping.
- Heat chicken as directed on package.
- Add chicken and barbecue sauce; cook and stir 1 min. or until heated through.
- Top with crumb topping.
You may also like my Muffin Tin Chili Mac Recipe.